e.g. Drink Driving, No Insurance, Failing to Stop, Failing to Report, Speeding, s. 172 Failing to Disclose Details of a Driver.
WMB Law will operate a Fixed Fee of between £350 plus VAT in our local court at Telford Justice Centre and up to £1250 plus VAT depending on court location.
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering the prosecution evidence
- obtaining your instructions
- providing advice on strength of the evidence and likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court (see below)
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you will be entering a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
You will be represented by a Senior Solicitor who will be supervised by a qualified Senior Solicitor.
The representation will include the following: –
- Meeting with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider the initial details of the prosecution case, and any other evidence and provide you with advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (the taking of the statement will have an additional cost dependant on the complexity of the case and the level of fee earner taking the statement.
- We will outline the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any other preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer deal with any other queries you have.
- We cannot provide a time for when your hearing will be called into court, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. We will advise you of the merits and procedure of any potential appeal. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Should your matter be that you will be entering a not guilty plea and the matter is listed for trial or there is to be a special reasons or exceptional hardship the fixed fees would be:-
Fixed Fee of between £750 plus VAT in our local court at Telford Justice Centre and up to £1750 plus VAT depending on court location.
This would include the above work but on a maximum of two court hearings the second hearing being the contested matter of a trial or submission of special reasons or exceptional hardship.
The fees would be excluding disbursements of mileage and parking.
A summary only motoring matter is normally concluded on the same day of the first hearing with a guilty plea being entered. The hearing will typically last between 15-45 minutes. A not guilty plea hearing will typically last between 2-4 hours. The Courts begin their work at 10am and typically will finish between 3-5pm but often sooner. A court matter will therefore usually conclude between 5-6 hours from arrival until the matter is finished.